Runaway, Repeat Sex-Offender From Connecticut Captured In Mexico Runaway, Repeat Sex-Offender From Connecticut Captured In Mexico
Runaway, Repeat Sex-Offender From Connecticut Captured In Mexico A repeat sex-offender who ran away to Mexico with his girlfriend and three children has been captured. Lester B. Joy, 40, formerly of Waterbury, waived his right to be indicted and pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court, Bridgeport, on Tuesday, Nov. 3, to failing to register as a sex offender, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Connecticut. Federal law requires convicted level two and three sex offenders to register their home, work, and other pertinent addresses in a public database - the Sex Offender Registry. Joy, who has been convicted of sexually abusing children, failed to regist…
Boonton Man With Child Porn, Who Hit On Teen Boy Pleads Guilty To Child Endangerment Boonton Man With Child Porn, Who Hit On Teen Boy Pleads Guilty To Child Endangerment
Boonton Man With Child Porn, Who Hit On Teen Boy Pleads Guilty To Child Endangerment A 52-year-old Boonton man who admitted to making sexual advances toward the 14-year-old son of a family friend and later found with more than 100 child porn images pleaded guilty to child endangerment Tuesday. Andrew Jennings was at an Elks Lodge when he talked about oral sex and other sexual preferences with the boy in March, Daily Record reports. Jennings also smoked marijuana and drank alcohol with the child before massaging his shoulders, touching his inner thigh and touching him inappropriately, according to the report, which cites court records. The boy refused Jennings’ offer, in wh…
Mercer Man Who Had 3,000 Child Sex Abuse Images Gets 2½-Year State Prison Minimum Mercer Man Who Had 3,000 Child Sex Abuse Images Gets 2½-Year State Prison Minimum
Mercer Man Who Had 3,000 Child Sex Abuse Images Gets 2½-Year State Prison Minimum A Mercer County man must spend the next 2½ years in state prison before he’ll be eligible for parole for sharing images of child sex abuse. Herbert Bell, 58, of Ewing, was targeted by authorities after a State Police detective found 14 files of child sex abuse images shared from an IP address traced to him, state Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal said. Detectives with the New Jersey State Police Internet Crimes Against Children Unit, assisted by other members of the New Jersey Regional ICAC Task Force took Bell into custody during a search of his home in August 2018. A search of a computer…
Child Sex Abuser Nabbed After Hiding For Several Years In Area, Police Say Child Sex Abuser Nabbed After Hiding For Several Years In Area, Police Say
Child Sex Abuser Nabbed After Hiding For Several Years In Area, Police Say A “lifetime” registered sex offender convicted of sexually abusing a 10-year-old girl was arrested after he was found living in the Hudson Valley without alerting authorities in years, police said. Clifford Brantley, 67, was arrested by police investigators in Ulster County in the Town of Lloyd after he was found living at the Valley Vista Assisted Living Facility in Highland, officials said.  Brantley had been living at the assisted living facility since 2017 and failed to register as a level 3 sex offender and failed to disclose to the facility. The Division of Criminal Justice Se…
Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing Child In Westchester Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing Child In Westchester
Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing Child In Westchester A man has been sentenced after he was found guilty following a jury trial of sexually abusing a child in Westchester. Port Chester resident Hugo Zuniga, 37, was sentenced to three and a half years in prison after being found guilty of first-degree sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child on Friday, Oct. 11 last year, following a five-day jury deliberation. Zuniga was also sentenced to three and a half years of post-release supervision and will have to register as a sex offender when his term is complete. In August 2018, Zuniga sexually abused his 14-year-old victim, Westchester Cou…
Hudson Valley Man Admits To Possessing, Trading Hundreds Of Child Porn Images Hudson Valley Man Admits To Possessing, Trading Hundreds Of Child Porn Images
Hudson Valley Man Admits To Possessing, Trading Hundreds Of Child Porn Images A 24-year-old Hudson Valley man will face up to 20 years in prison after admitting to trading hundreds of videos and photos that included child pornography. Clintondale resident Corey Baker pleaded guilty this week to distributing and receiving child pornography over the course of more than a year. As part of his guilty plea, Baker admitted that between June 2017 and August 2018, he traded child pornography with others using a phone and laptop computer equipped with Internet-based instant messaging and file-sharing applications. Baker also admitted to using a peer-to-peer file-sharing app…
Ex-Reality TV Host Sentenced For Molesting Daughter's 10-Year-Old Soccer Teammate In His Home Ex-Reality TV Host Sentenced For Molesting Daughter's 10-Year-Old Soccer Teammate In His Home
Ex-Reality TV Host Sentenced For Molesting Daughter's 10-Year-Old Soccer Teammate In His Home A former reality TV show host who was convicted of molesting a 10-year-old girl during a sleepover at his Connecticut house has been sentenced. Christopher Dionne hosted the pilot episode of home improvement network HGTV's “Family Flip" and appeared in the A&E show “House Rescue” in California when police began the investigation. Dionne was found guilty of risk of injury to a minor and sexual assault in the New London, Connecticut Judicial District Court on Wednesday, Oct. 16.for the Nov. 26, 2017 abuse. Judge Barbara Bailey Jongbloed sentenced Dionne to three years in prison on Wednes…
Sex Offender Convicted Of Raping Minor Reports Move In Suffolk County Sex Offender Convicted Of Raping Minor Reports Move In Suffolk County
Sex Offender Convicted Of Raping Minor Reports Move In Suffolk County A registered sex offender who was convicted of raping a minor has reported a move out of jail to a Long Island home. The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services issued an alert this week to Long Island residents regarding the residency of 26-year-old Patrick Craine, who has moved from the Suffolk County Correctional Facility to a residence on Clinton Avenue in East Patchogue. The Division of Criminal Justice Services has assigned Craine as a level two threat, which means he is at "moderate risk of a repeat offense." According to the Division of Criminal Justice Services, Crain…
Man Admits To Enticing Wilton Girl Man Admits To Enticing Wilton Girl
Man Admits To Enticing Wilton Girl A 57-year-old man who previously was arrested after he exposed himself to a woman will spend years in prison after admitting to persuading an 11-year-old Fairfield County girl to send him sexually explicit photos. Beverly, Massachusetts resident Mark Crowley, 57, pleaded guilty this week to possession of child pornography and risk of injury to a minor involving a girl in Wilton, State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo said. He allegedly had illicit photos of the young girl when he was arrested in October last year. The story was first reported by the Stamford Advocate. In September last ye…
Long Island Sex Offender Convicted Of Rape Accused Of Following Minor From Bus Long Island Sex Offender Convicted Of Rape Accused Of Following Minor From Bus
Long Island Sex Offender Convicted Of Rape Accused Of Following Minor From Bus A convicted sex offender is back behind bars after allegedly following a student from a school bus stop while repeatedly engaging the minor in intimidating conversation, police said. Jose A. Rodriguez, 49, who is homeless, was arrested on Wednesday, Nov. 6, following the incident, said the Long Beach Police Department. Rodriguez is a registered Level III sex offender who was formerly convicted of first-degree rape by forcible compulsion, the department said. "A Level 3 sex offender is the most serious sex offender designation considered by the state as having a high risk of repeat offense …
Westchester Man Convicted Of Sexually Abusing Teenager Westchester Man Convicted Of Sexually Abusing Teenager
Westchester Man Convicted Of Sexually Abusing Teenager A Westchester County man has been found guilty following a jury trial of sexually abusing a child. Port Chester resident Hugo Zuniga, 37, was found guilty of first-degree sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child on Friday, Oct. 11, after the jury deliberated for five days. In August last year, Zuniga sexually abused his 14-year-old victim, Westchester County District Attorney Anthony Scarpino, Jr., said. He was arrested by police in Port Chester on Nov. 8 last year following a joint investigation with the District Attorney’s Special Prosecution Division. Zuniga remains in custody a…
Man Sentenced For Sex Crimes Committed Inside Dorm Room In Westchester Man Sentenced For Sex Crimes Committed Inside Dorm Room In Westchester
Man Sentenced For Sex Crimes Committed Inside Dorm Room In Westchester A 32-year-old man will spend time in prison and register as a sex offender for attempted sex crimes against a Westchester college student last year. Ariel Caro, of New York City, was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison after pleading guilty to attempted sex abuse and attempted burglary as a sexually motivated crime, both felonies. Caro was also sentenced to 10 years post-release supervision and will have to register as a sex offender when he is released. Westchester County District Attorney Anthony Scarpino, Jr. said that at approximately 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 11, 2018, Caro knocked on…