Montco Teen Charged With Threatening To Shoot Up High School In Lehigh Valley: Report Montco Teen Charged With Threatening To Shoot Up High School In Lehigh Valley: Report
Montco Teen Charged With Threatening To Shoot Up High School In Lehigh Valley: Report A high school in the Lehigh Valley was under increased security for one day last week and a Montgomery County teenager was arrested after police say he threatened to "shoot up the school," according to LehighValleyLive. The 18-year-old Phoenixville resident was released from Northampton County Jail and charged with a felony count of terroristic threats causing serious public inconvenience, and other related charges, the outlet says. Investigators say he directed the threat at two students he knew over social media on Wednesday, Sept. 28, according to the outlet. Click here for more fr…
14-Year-Old Threatened To Bomb High School In Capital Region, Police Say 14-Year-Old Threatened To Bomb High School In Capital Region, Police Say
14-Year-Old Threatened To Bomb High School In Capital Region, Police Say A 14-year-old is facing felony charges after allegedly threatening to bomb a high school in the Capital Region. State police in Schoharie County were called to Cobleskill-Richmondville High School, located on Highway 7 in Richmondville, just before 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 7. Troopers were informed of multiple social media posts by a student threatening to bomb the school, police said. Students and staff were ordered to shelter in place while K9 units cleared the building. Investigators eventually determined that the threats were unfounded and there was no risk to anyone’s safety. The te…
Teen Guilty Of Manslaughter For Shooting Deaths Of Two Fairfax HS Students Teen Guilty Of Manslaughter For Shooting Deaths Of Two Fairfax HS Students
Teen Guilty Of Manslaughter For Shooting Deaths Of Two Fairfax HS Students A Springfield teen was found guilty on two counts of manslaughter after he shot and killed two other teens in 2021, according to WUSA9. Zachary Burkard admitted to shooting his South County High School classmates, Ersheen Elaiasher and Calvin Van Pelt, on April 25, during a fight over threats made on social media, the website said. The jury in this trial was shown a video of Burkard using expletives in threats against one of the teens he killed, WUSA9 said. Click here for the full story from WUSA9.
Boy, 14, Charged With Threatening School Shooting In Central PA Boy, 14, Charged With Threatening School Shooting In Central PA
Boy, 14, Charged With Threatening School Shooting In Central PA A 14-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with a school shooting threat which shuttered an entire school district in central Pennsylvania on Wednesday, June, 1, according to the school. "Upon advice from Local Law enforcement. Today, Wednesday, June 1, 2022 The Waynesboro Area School District will be closed for students," the school said. A "masked individual displaying a handgun posted a threat on social media advising that students should not go to school," Waynesboro Area police say. The poster's account was determined to be fake, according to investigators. A search warrant wa…
Possible Middle School Threat Under Investigation In Western Mass Possible Middle School Threat Under Investigation In Western Mass
Possible Middle School Threat Under Investigation In Western Mass Extra police officers were stationed at a Western Massachusetts middle school on Friday, May 27, after a threat was made via social media. The threat was uncovered in Hampden County late Thursday, May 26, and targeted West Springfield Middle School. According to police, on Thursday, the West Springfield Police Department received information from a neighboring police department concerning a threat made on social media.  The threat made towards the West Springfield Middle School was captured on Snapchat, via screenshot, the police department said. After receiving the information, the …
Threats Prompt School District In Hudson Valley To Shift To Delayed Start Threats Prompt School District In Hudson Valley To Shift To Delayed Start
Threats Prompt School District In Hudson Valley To Shift To Delayed Start A school district in the region is operating on a two-hour delayed schedule on Tuesday, April 26 as officials work with local law enforcement agencies to investigate threats on social media. Newburgh Enlarged City SD Acting Superintendent of Schools Ed Forgit made the announcement early in the morning in an announcement on the district's website. "Through conversations and collaboration with local law enforcement, we are prepared to open all schools," Forgit said. "Out of an abundance of caution, please expect law enforcement presence at each school today.  "This presence ma…
Unfounded Bomb Threat Locks Down Union County Vocational School: Officials Unfounded Bomb Threat Locks Down Union County Vocational School: Officials
Unfounded Bomb Threat Locks Down Union County Vocational School: Officials A North Jersey high school was put on lockdown Tuesday, April 12 amid a bomb threat, officials confirmed. No threats or devices were found during a search of the Union County Vocational Technical School on Raritan Road in Scotch Plains around 11 a.m., a county spokesperson said. The person responsible for making the threat on social media was later identified by police and subsequently interviewed, officials said. The lockdown was eventually lifted.
Juvenile Arrested After Social Media Threat Toward CT School District Juvenile Arrested After Social Media Threat Toward CT School District
Juvenile Arrested After Social Media Threat Toward CT School District Police officials in Connecticut announced that a minor has been arrested following an investigation into a threat made to a school district on social media. In Hartford County, officials at the Bristol Public School District announced that they were made aware of a threat made through social media targeting the high school specific to Thursday, April 7, or Friday, April 8. According to the Bristol Police Department, the threat was directed toward both students and staff at the school. The threat led to an investigation by the department, which was able to identify a suspect, who was placed…
15-Year-Old Is Latest Charged After Threat Causes Schools In Area To Go Remote 15-Year-Old Is Latest Charged After Threat Causes Schools In Area To Go Remote
15-Year-Old Is Latest Charged After Threat Causes Schools In Area To Go Remote One day after an 11-year-old girl was arrested for making online threats against two area schools, another student has been arrested in a separate incident. The second incident took place in Dutchess County on Tuesday, March 22 when a community member reported another threat of school violence against Poughkeepsie High School and Poughkeepsie Middle School to City of Poughkeepsie police, said Irwin Goldberg, spokesman for the school district. An investigation led to the arrest of a 15-year-old girl who was charged with making a terroristic threat and was issued an appearance …
11-Year-Old In Hudson Valley Accused Of Making Snapchat Threat Targeting School 11-Year-Old In Hudson Valley Accused Of Making Snapchat Threat Targeting School
11-Year-Old In Hudson Valley Accused Of Making Snapchat Threat Targeting School An 11-year-old girl has been identified as the social media user who made a threat on Snapchat targeting a Hudson Valley school district, officials announced. In Dutchess County, the Poughkeepsie City School District announced that a minor has been identified as the person responsible for making a threat through the social media platform on Tuesday, March 22. A spokesperson for the district said that the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department was notified by the FBI at approximately 2:50 a.m. on Tuesday morning about a threat of a shooting that was flagged by Snapchat stemming from the city…
Two Schools In Area Will Remain Remote After Social Media Threats Two Schools In Area Will Remain Remote After Social Media Threats
Two Schools In Area Will Remain Remote After Social Media Threats A pair of schools in the area will remain remote as the police continue an investigation into threats made through social media targeting the buildings. The Poughkeepsie Middle School and Poughkeepsie High School have been closed to in-person learning since Monday, March 21 due to social media threats that were made, according to district officials. Original story - Poughkeepsie HS, MS Go Remote After Social Media Threats As the investigation into the threats is ongoing, a spokesperson for the Dutchess BOCES/Poughkeepsie City School District announced that both schools will remain on a rem…
Threats Targeting Hudson Valley Schools Deemed Not Credible, Buildings To Reopen Threats Targeting Hudson Valley Schools Deemed Not Credible, Buildings To Reopen
Threats Targeting Hudson Valley Schools Deemed Not Credible, Buildings To Reopen Social media threats that forced a Hudson Valley middle school and high school to close for two days were deemed not credible and the buildings are scheduled to reopen with new security measures put in place, officials announced. In Dutchess County, the Poughkeepsie City School District canceled classes at the two buildings on Tuesday, Feb. 22, and Wednesday, Feb. 23 due to a social media threat that was made on Snapchat. Original story - Social Media Threat Leads To Closure Of School Districts In Hudson Valley In the afternoon on Feb. 23, a spokesperson for the district announced tha…