12-Year-Old Girls Targeted For Self Harm, Sexual Images By Brentwood Man, Feds Say
A Long Island college student forced two 12-year-old girls to send him nude pictures, instructed one girl to harm herself with a razor, and attempted to recruit more victims, authorities said.
Jordy Contreras, 21, of Brentwood, was indicted Tuesday, July 28 and held in Nassau County jail, according to Newsday.
Contreras used Snapchat to communicate with his pre-teen victims beginning in December 2025, federal investigators said. He promised to pay one victim, identified only as Jane Doe 1, over Roblox in exchange for nude images, according to charging documents.
Additionally, Contreras ask…
Casino-Loving Wading River Attorney’s Case Expands, $100K More Stolen: Authorities
A thieving Long Island attorney stole $100,000 more than previously known from several additional clients, authorities said Wednesday, July 29.
Peter Giattino, 43, of Wading River, was indicted on multiple new charges for thefts totaling $855,480, the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office said.
Giattino was first arrested back in January, when prosecutors accused him of stealing $750,000 as part of a Southampton home transaction in June 2025. In that incident, a home buyer wired Giattino the money, then he withdrew it and blew it at various casinos and on personal expenses, investigator…
Nba-mob Gambling Case: East Northport's ‘Fat Nick’ Takes Plea, Along With Gambino Son, Feds Say
A Long Island-based mob associate pleaded guilty in the wide-ranging poker and point-shaving scandal on Tuesday, July 28.
Nicholas Minucci, 39, of East Northport, copped to wire fraud conspiracy in the sprawling case, Newsday reported. He is now one of 15 people to plead guilty, of 34 initially named suspects, officials said.
NBA head coach Chauncey Billups, active player Terry Rozier, and former player Damon Jones are the biggest names in the case, with the feds accusing them of rigging poker games alongside the mob and aiding an illegal sports betting operation.
Minucci, also known as “F…
‘Armed And Dangerous’ Teen Albany Murder Suspect On The Run: Authorities
A teenage New York murder suspect with ties to New Jersey remains on the run, authorities said Monday, July 27.
Jacqua Cowan, 19, is wanted in the killing of 24-year-old Jamier Allen in March 2025 in Albany, the U.S. Marshals Service said Monday. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Allen, of Albany, was shot and killed March 26, 2025, then his body was dumped in a wooded area, police said. About two weeks later, four people were arrested in the case, which was also tied to a car fire four days prior to Allen’s death, according to investigators.
A warrant for Cowan’s arrest was issued Thu…
Taco Bell Terror: Fake DoorDash Driver Convicted In Albany Robbery Gone Wrong, Authorities Say
An Albany man has been convicted of stabbing a Taco Bell worker while attempting to steal food from the fast food joint, authorities said.
Ahmad Morton, 34, pretended to be a DoorDash delivery worker alongside his girlfriend, 21-year-old Aryonna Rivera, the Albany County District Attorney’s office said Wednesday, July 29.
Morton and Rivera entered the Taco Bell on Wolf Road in Colonie on Nov. 9, 2025, around 11:30 p.m., investigators said. While inside, they started collecting mobile food orders, according to authorities.
But the Taco Bell employees questioned if all the orders really belo…
Triple Exposure: Creep Repeatedly Grabbed Genitals In Mineola Parking Garage, Cops Say
A Long Island man was caught exposing himself and touching his genitals three times in the same parking lot, police said.
Zhisheng Xu, 27, was busted Tuesday, July 28 at the Harrison Avenue Parking Garage in Mineola, the Nassau County Police Department said.
Xu, of North Bellmore, was seen around 5:30 p.m. exposing himself “in public view” in the garage, cops said. Additional investigation revealed Xu had done the same thing in the same place on Friday, July 3 and Wednesday, July 8, according to police.
He was hit with three counts of public lewdness and three counts of exposure of a perso…
Senior Hands Scammer $40K In Baldwin Parking Lot After Social Security Hoax: Police
A Long Island senior was scammed out of $40,000 by a Queens schemer, police said Tuesday, July 28.
Junkai Chen, 35, of Fresh Meadows, called the 73-year-old victim and told him his bank account and social security number had been compromised, the Nassau County Police Department said.
The man believed the phone call and followed Chen’s instructions to withdraw $40,000 cash from his bank, then deliver it to an unknown man in a parking lot on Grand Avenue in Baldwin on Thursday, June 25, cops said.
Shortly after the dropoff, the victim realized he’d been scammed and called police, authorities…